martedì 31 marzo 2009

About Social Bookmarking and my Classmates’ Choices…

Hi guys!
This week I found out how to save and share my favourites websites online by using s
ocial bookmarking. I was really surprised when I was able to retrieve a specific website I had saved online on a different computer and when I found out how to share my bookmarks with the members of my group.
First of all, I found sites involving my personal interests and language learning process exploring on
http://delicious.com/, and I made notes that could attract the attention of my peers.
As we are all studying English at the University, I saved two websites that could help us improve our language skills, i.e. the BBC radio and the videos section of CNN. There you can find a wide range of audio and video materials either international or from the UK with news about sport, politics, music, and entertainment.
Since we are all jobseekers who attend Professor Taylor's course on CVs and job ads, I searched for further guides that could help us write a proper CV, a professional cover letter, and which could prepare us for a successful interview.
Then, I found an interesting website on
English idioms and proverbs, which could help us in our approach to an English like a native speaker; and finally a site, that provides explanatory articles and instructions to a non-native speaker who wants to know more about English punctuation.
Based on the descriptions in my classmates' notes, and I decided to visit the website
http://www.datsi.fi.upm.es/~frosal/docs/25mdq.html, which is about the twenty-five most difficult questions you'll be asked on a job interview. Since we have to prepare ourselves for a job interview, I think that this site can guide us in order to organise and prepare it properly and successfully applying for a job.
I liked the website
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/pron/, which gives information about different elements of English pronunciation and provides us with activities, radio programs and interactive quizzes.
Finally, I think that the website
http://writingpower.net/main_page.html is very useful as it explains how you can empower your writing skills saving a lot of time.
I am sure that s
ocial bookmarking will prove to be very useful for my English learning process, and particularly helpful in retrieving information for my future dissertation as it gives me access to other people’s interests and favourite topics.

Bye
Anna

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento