sabato 21 marzo 2009

My Reflections on feeds

Picture taken from: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=reflection&page=3

Hello everybody!
I found last lesson in the lab very interesting, as I learnt how to use Bloglines, an online service that can help us to manage lots of web information, such as news feeds and weblogs.
Even if I usually don’t feel so comfortable in using new technologies, as it is sometimes frustrating for me, Sarah showed us the easiest way of how to have our aggregator up and running.
I think that Bloglines can be very useful for us, as it tracks and retrieves new information, and organizes everything for us on our personal web page in a variety of different ways.
At home I could subscribe new feeds on music, lifestyles, and create playlists on my English course, on online newspapers, such as CNN or BBC news. This helped me to group websites with common subjects under the same heading, and to receive the latest news in the same page, without surfing on each different website.
I also believe that this can be a good opportunity to always get the updated posts of my group members without being in their personal blog page.
The overall impression is positive and I hope that with this experience I will improve my computer abilities within this course, where I can learn to use the Web in a more effective way.


That's all for now,
Bye
Anna

4 commenti:

  1. Hi Anna!
    I see you think that Bloglines can keep you updated, in which way? I did the e-tivity and learnt something new about rss, feeds etc, but I think that to be updated you have to log in Bloglines, so you have to remember it. While it would be easier to have only one page, like your homepage in Fb, or the blog or your email where you get all the info needed. What do you think?
    See you next week in class,
    Bye!
    sarah

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi Anna!I've just read your comment on feeds...I perfectly agree with you because,as I wrote in my blog,feeds are a very useful resource that enables you to work in a much more efficient way.And finally, I found out that technology is not so terrible!
    See you soon,
    Michela

    RispondiElimina
  3. Anna we have a new way to keep in touch..very nice! I agree with you about the utility of Bloglines in order to check our group's posts without visiting all the member's pages. In this way we can spare time! What can I say about feedback? I think that your posts have the right lenght and right combination of formal and informal language..may be you could add some photos ;-)
    See you tomorrow!
    Elisabetta

    RispondiElimina
  4. Hi! I agree with you. The feeds help us to simplify a lot the use of the web and prevent us from wasting time cheking every web site for the updates.
    Bye!
    Cristina

    RispondiElimina