sabato 14 marzo 2009

My Reflective Blogging Post

I realise that I haven’t been spending so much time to think about my language learning process so far, but I have to admit that it is essential to be aware of your language capacities, if you want to improve and achieve your goals. Unfortunately last week I was absent during the Thursday lesson and I couldn’t reflect upon my next language learning targets in class, but if I carefully think about it I realise that I have to improve my writing and in particular my oral skills. I should gain in fluency while interacting with other people or while speaking and I would like my vocabulary to be more accurate and proper in each different situation. Certainely this course on blogs will help me to approach to my language targets.

On the blogosphere I could find new vocabulary, which ranges from technical words to far more colloquial words and I will need a few time to spend upon them every week in order to enrich my language knowledge. On the other hand I am also aware that to appear more spontaneous I need to speak, and in this perspective the lessons on Thursday will be useful. Even if with a large variety of colloquial expressions, which were sometimes difficult for me to understand, I hope that the style of the blog will help me to be more clear and concise in order to avoid long and intricate sentences.

I hadn’t the opportunity to write my learning target sheet, but to be honest, in the past week I tried to attend as many English lessons as possible, I made all the homework assigned, including blog posts, academic paper, I prepared myself for an oral presentation and read a lot of stuff, including the Internet and paper materials.

That’s all I think!

Bye Guys!
Anna

1 commento:

  1. Hi Anna,
    I see you are very motivated to improve yourself, in order to acquire useful competences to use in the work environment. Enthusiasm, persistency and hard work are what we need to reach our goals. I think we are on the right way to reach with effort good competences and skills, to use after the university career.
    We'll make our's way!!! I'm sure of that!!! If you find interesting Websites or something else useful for my English, post me on my blog.
    Have a nice evening.
    ELENA M:

    RispondiElimina